Re: Software Copy Protection

  • Subject: Re: Software Copy Protection
  • From: "Blaine Mathieu" <bmathieu@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:16:42 -0800 (PST)

Bob Brickey wrote:

>> Omega couldn't increase their license fee enough to compensate for the
loss
that would result from removing protection.

We could go back and forth forever taking apart the arguments of each other
line by line. The bottom line, for me, is that the statement you make
(quoted above) is based on conjecture, not fact. You have no way of knowing
if removing copy-protection would reduce revenues just as I have no way of
knowing it would not.

My "feeling" is that, if Omega handled it properly, removing copy-protection
could be a positive step, not a negative one, for both clients and the
company itself.

Blaine Mathieu
Turning Point Trading Inc.