Re: Processor Usage

Scientific Approaches wrote:

> [ ... ]
>
> If you were designing trading software, would you give high priority to
> processing incomming price quotes a quickly as possible or would you give
> high priority to making other software on the same computer run as fast as
> possible, even if incoming data processing must wait?

I'll probably argue about order of magnitude you use ...

Not many people will notice ~1/10 second delay in price ticks to your PC
(Polling port vs interrupt handling). DBC is 6 ticks behind Reuters anyway
as someone here recently noticed.

But I'd certanly like if my PC would open charts or plot EMA's twice as fast.

Just a side question: is TS5.0 going to be multi-threaded??
Will it benefit from 2nd CPU ??

Regards,

Evgeny