Re : What Files are Important?

Dans un courrier daté du 02/02/98 01:31:49  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 Unfortunately, nowhere does Omega define what are the essential files to
 save to guarantee that no data or setup info will be lost.  The only
 completely safe approach is to back-up the entire Omega directory tree.
 If you save only certain files (like the .dat and universe files) and
 then overload these onto a fresh TS installation, you may find some
 incompatibilities or some loss of info.

 I regularly dump my entire Omega directory tree to tape and this is what
 I would recommend.

 Carroll Slemaker >>

You only have three subdirectories to save:

\omega\server (contains your realtime ,daily datafile collected from the feed)
and your portfolio
\omega\ts contains your pages, indicators functions and systems
\omega\universe : contains the symbol universe

When you reinstall from THE SAME TS version CD, copying again all these
directories to the new location wil restore your original TS copy.

I have done that dozens of times without any problem.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com