Re: Omega lock for TS5

In a message dated 98-01-29 15:26:32 EST, bmathieu@xxxxxxx writes:

> I totally agree (that I will not buy software that locks to a single
>  computer/hard drive). Considering the non-stop barrage of complaints about
>  the password system, the security block is bad enough. But if I have to
>  spend any more time hassling with security issues (which improve my
>  productivity in no way) then I might was well program my trading systems
>  from scratch (in Visual Basic, for example).

Blaine

             Haven't paid to much attention to this whole thread, but my
feeling is it depends.  Those locks which transfer to the hard drive and then
if they drive crashes are gone are a real pain.   AIQ though had one that I
thought was an excellent comprise, and they really demonstrated customer
concern.   There system modifed the EXE so it would only run on one machine.
But if you backed it up and then the disk drive crashed you could put the
backup exe back on the new drive and it was fine.  Apparently it looked at
other components in the system.   First time it happened though I hadn't done
that and AIQ was excellent.  They just simply gave me the new password.  The
real measure was when I called and said I had two machines running side by
side, and wanted there software on both machines.  They graciously gave me the
2nd passwords.   This is one place I wish Omega would lighten up.

                 Pete