Re: Fwd: OMEGA bashing

greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Regarding the definition of trend - Barron's Dictionary of Finance and
> Investment Terms defines a "security trend" as "long-term price or trading
> volume movements either up, down or sideways".  That doesn't mean that shorter
> term moves aren't tradeable - they just aren't "trends".  FWIW - I think it's
> important for short term traders to know whether they're trading with the trend
> - or against it.

That may be the common usage as far as investing is concerned (I'm not even sure
it's even appropriate in *this* context), but we're not talking about investing at
all here.  The more common definition of "a prevailing tendency or inclination"
would be more apt.  Besides, trends are qualified according to their length - e.g.
long, intermediate, short, very short.  There isn't "the trend," since this term is
relative.

Regards,
A.J.