Computer Pics

Since the Dell thread has turned into a computer recommendation list, I
wanted to throw in my two cents for a small mail-order company on the West
Coast called Global Computing:

http://www.globalcomputing.com/

They're small, so don't bother with them if you want on-site service, but
what makes them great is that they will customize a machine with any CPU,
motherboard, hard drive, video card, etc that you want (as long as they're
compatible, obviously).  When I say any component, I mean if it exists,
they'll get it.  The options that CompUSA et al are offering don't even come
close.

Last summer I emailed them a list of exactly what I wanted in the machine,
and they gave me a price the next day.  After I ordered it, they had it
assembled, tested, and out the door in literally 48 hours, and I received it
three days after that via UPS.

Although not the best, their prices are very competitive (although my
computer was so customized there really wasn't anything to compare it to),
they ship worldwide, and the support number is toll free.  My machine came
with a 1 year warranty.