Re: Datafeed: BMI - is it degrading in performance ...

  • To: "C Lober" <cwlo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Datafeed: BMI - is it degrading in performance ...
  • From: "Lawrence Chan" <stnahc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:52:59 -0800 (PST)

> From: C Lober <cwlo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Using the TS server will not actually change the Box Baud Rate, but
simply
> configure the server to read the 38,400 format.

from what you said, there is a difference in the box baud rate and the
38,400 format - you mind to explain further?

> To change to Box Baud Rate,
> you need to use BMI Marketcenter Platinum.  It can be downloaded at BMI's
> site.  You then need to set the baud rate in the software to 38,400,
which
> will then load the receiver with the proper code for 38,400 baud.

Load the receiver?! I thought the BMI box does not have downloadable OS
like
the signal receiver ...

Is there a DOS version of MarketCenter that can do the same? I just check
the
BMI site and the BMI Marketcenter wants win95... If anyone has the DOS
version would you kind enough to send me the program?

-Lawrence Chan