customer funds safer in TBills

hi,

there was a previous discussion here about funding and size /
capaitalization of brokerage companies - TOP 40 or so in FUTURES mag.

In dealing with smaller companies (i.e. not in top 40) I do believe
in putting MOST of the funds into TBILLs - which can be used as
margin anyway - will make them safe and in case of bankruptcy will
be segregated and might be blocked for months, but better blocked
than down the drain..........

Is this right ?
Does that help me in case something goes wrong ?
or better, different method, please ?

thanks
rgds hans

~~~~~
THERE IS RISK IN {BACKTESTING} FUTURES TRADING.