Re: New Horizons~Better than "TradeStation" and well worth the xtra !

  • To: <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: New Horizons~Better than "TradeStation" and well worth the xtra !
  • From: "Lawrence Chan" <stnahc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 17:50:19 -0800 (PST)

I have LiveWire Pro ver 8, and not the Trader version.
I use it real-time with BMI now, and although it is not
"programmable", it can construct filters that can find
symbols that match the criteria you specify in secs from
a portfolio of more then a few thousand symbols.

I am very happy with its ability to handle multiple
portfolios which I use for creating synthetic index in
real-time :) TS can never do that.

The trader version I believe added the ability to
dynamically add/remove symbols from a "hot" porfolio based
on a filter combination you set, all in real-time.

-Lawrence Chan
p.s. believe me, it is FAST!