Re: Print to a mapped Drive

MarkBrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone know how to send a print from a system to a mapped drive?
> What do you specify the file name as? Also if you call it from a networked
> computer to use in another system on another networked computer, what
> do you call (or rather what would be the file name you call)?
>
> Print(File("C:\rambo.txt")

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do, but here goes.
If you have a mapped network drive, it has a drive letter on the
source computer, say H:.  Thus in the Print statement, just use
that letter, i.e.

Print(File("H:\rambo.txt")

One way to see what drive letter to use is to look at the left
panel in Windows Explorer.  For example on my tradestation
computer, I see

C on 'pc01'(G:)
D on 'pc01'(H:)

among other entries.  In other words, the machine running TS
has a mapped drive G: which is actually the C: drive on the
machine with network name pc01.

On the computer with that drive local, it will have a drive letter,
probably C: or D:.  Thus, for example, to look at the file
written by the example Print statement in a DOS window,
given my network configuration, I would use the command on pc01

type D:\rambo.txt

If that's not what you meant, ask the question again with more
detail.  Or maybe my explanation is too terse; but it is late.

Rod
--

J. Rodney Grisham, Ph.D.         ____  __   __
Technix Systems, Inc.             /   /_   /    /__/  /\ /  / \/