[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: ps cosolidation break out exploration code

Dear Friend, If it's so hot then you won't mind buying Performance
Systems Plus to get it.

By the way the errors your code is showing is called pirating errors.
They often happen when code surfing.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, shekar joga <shekarjoga@xxxx>
wrote:
> dear friends,
> ps consolidation breakout exploration code is one of the best
explortion in metastock to find the stocks which are ready to break
out after consolidation.
> can anyone please provide the code as my exploration is showing
some errors
> this will be great help to me
> thanks in advance
> shekarjoga@xxxx
>
> metastkuser <andysmith_999@xxxx> wrote:
>

> OK, I've read the articles. Excellent, but boy is this guy
> longwinded... and constantly plugging TradeStation/EasyLanguage.
I'm
> noticing a common trend here. The (self-proclaimed) successful
> traders have a lot of time on their hands.
>
> Anyway, here's the summary in case you are lazy (since every second
> poster on this board seems to get a kick out of calling everyone
else
> lazy -- go figure). I'm doing this from memory so spare me the hate
> mail:
>
> -- Intro and Lesson 1: You can't predict markets, don't try. Rely
on
> a system (he calls it strategy). Use TradeStation. Be rigorous with
> your system/strategy, backtest, quantify, characterize, know it
like
> you know your mother. Use TradeStation. No room for ego, losses
> happen, move on, it's a business, enjoy it or get out of trading.
Did
> I tell you about TradeStation?
>
> -- Lession 2: take the secondary entry (Super, did you write
this?).
> Four steps: dumb trader -> technical trader -> strategy trader ->
> guru. Seminars suck. Don't use Advanced GET. Deterministic approach
> to risk and  capital management, know your probabilities. Use
> TradeStation. Create, test, trust and dispassionately use a system.
> Hey guess what? TradeStation. Cash management is the key. Learn to
> hedge.
>
> -- Lesson 3: Three market types; trending, sideways with low
> volatility, and sideways with high volatility. Each market has its
> own trading strategies -- trend-following (15% of the time), low-V
> sideways (like stochs), and high-V sideways (editorial: switch to
> selling option premium). TradeStation strategies galore. Your
system
> should suit... you!
>
> Lesson 4: Separate the setup (flashing green or red arrow hopefully
> accompanied by a loud beep) from the actual trade entry. A good
entry
> should catch every possible move. Use stop orders not limit orders
> enter. TradeStation Beep.
>
> Lesson 5 & 6: Trade the market (trend or sideways) that suits your
> psyche. Trend markets/strategies have long periods of drawdown.
> Sideways has you sitting out much of the time. Quit your day job
and
> trade full time to make the most profit. Stop-losses should not
take
> you out more than 10% of the time, otherwise it's too tight.
>
> Lesson 7: Use optimization to make a good strategy better, not to
fix
> a bad one. A strategy is over-optimized when it fails to do the
very
> thing it was created to do. Backtest over many different
periods/bars
> to ensure there is no curve fitting.
>
> Lesson 8: You strategy is kaput when you look at your brokerage
> statement and the drawdown is higher than it has ever been.
>

> Lesson 9: Being a full time trader gets lonely, rehash of Intro.
Use

<no_reply@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > For those of you who can't read my posts because of my caustic
wit
> > and dry sense of humor, not to mention insulting all groups
> > simultaneously, here is a step by step guide to building your own
> > trading system. (I am removing the pearls from the pig pen so
that
> > more people may enjoy them as jewelry! However, there is an art
> > simultaneously insulting so many with so few words. I do not
intend
> > to bury that skill.)
> >
> > Let's us begin.......
> >
> > Read all the articles under Trading as a Business
> >
> > http://www.elitetrader.com/tr/index.cfm?s=17
> >
> > The articles will teach you step by step how to build a trading
> > system.
> >
> > John Clayburg's book Four Steps to Trading Success will show you
> how
> > to setup a simple indicator system that is among the best there
is.
> > It will serve as your basic trading system. It works on all
stocks,
> > in any time frame and has no curve fit. Then you add your
favorite
> > filters to it.
> >
> > In Roy's newsletter he is building one of the best filtering
> systems
> > there is. It's a great newsletter for teaching MS coding and
> systems
> > building. It's only $99 a year.
> >
> > www.metastocktips.co.nz
> >
> > That should be most of what you need to get started and keep you
> from
> > getting too far off course. Oh, I would also add a 20 bar SMA to
> the
> > chart because price often regresses to the 20 bar SMA.
> >
> > If you absolutely feel the need to have red and green arrows that
> > scream buy me now, you can use a program like ICE, or the simple
> > systems from Performance Systems Plus. Just remember,
any "expert"
> [...]
> > anything any better out there for you to start with. You can
trade
> > with it without losing your rear.
> >
> > Oh, I almost forgot. Does it come with an exploration. No, it
> > doesn't. But that's not a factor.
> >
> > You really should trade from a fixed group of stocks in my humble
> > opinion. VERY few people have found success searching 7000 stocks
> > night for the one's that have the little green or red arrows
> popping
> > up. It's better to use a pre-screened group such as the S&P
> Platinum
> > Portfolio or the Valueline T1 stocks or the IBD 100.
> >
> > If you don't want to use those, then scan by HAND every night a
set
> > group like the S&P 100 or 500. You really do need to look at all
> > those charts by hand because you need to see where in the cycle
> each
> > stock is and what it's chart looks like. Nothing beats learning
> > read charts, and exploring every night just won't teach you how
> do
> > that. If you insist on having stocks that meet a certain
criteria,
> > learn to use Marketscreen.com. Yes, my brothers and sisters, you
> have
> > to pay for it but it's a much better exploration system than
you'll
> > ever get with TA in a box like MS, and it's already programmed
for
> > you.
> >
> > You also need to learn to use secondary entries because a stock
> that
> > is already trending has a better probability of continuing to
move
> up
> > than a stock that has it's little red or green arrow showing. And
> > please remember---resist the urge to trade against the overall
> market
> > trend. The trend is your friend!
> >
> > What does a secondary entry mean? Well, if you open a chart and
the
> > Clayburg are passed their intial buy signal and the stock is
> showing
> > a trend with Roy's filter, if you buy it even though it's passed
> it's
> > intial entry point, you stand a very good chance of making money.
> > When the Clayburg's and Roy's filter tell you to sell it, you
> follow
> > those indications no matter what your intuition tells you, or
what
> > the little green and red arrows are doing.
> >
> > Okay, those are my small contributions for those of you who wish
> > have a trading system but don't know how to create one. You are
> > probably still grasping at straws, which you won't have to do any
> > more thanks to uncle Super.
> >
> > Are we all feeling like good dobee's now?
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM