[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: System Tester, Number of Bars

Well I had no idea my question would spur such a debate. After
reading opposing viewpoints, here is what I have converged to:

I am trying to find the best systems with which to trade my 10
favorite stocks. I have about 50 systems at my disposal. I have
decided to backtest each stock (against all systems) with 5000 bars,
1000 bars (which excludes the dot com bubble years) and 250 bars.
Then, for each security, I will choose a system that performs well
over all three time periods.

So do I have an ice cubes chance in hell?

<no_reply@xxxx>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM