RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Windows Service PAck 2 and The downloader problems

Hi Josep,

This is not an uncommon problem in my experience with XP SP2 – I am using EOD version 8.01. Go to your Windows Explorer and find your Dlwin.exe file. My file is in the following path: C:\Equis\The DownLoader\Dlwin.exe

Right click on Dlwin.exe and choose Properties. Then click on the Compatibility Tab and check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and choose a different Operating System (I chose Windows 2000). Click OK and you should be ‘cooking with gas’. The full functionality of the Downloader will not be restored but at least you are operational again. Maybe Equis will issue a fix - but then maybe they won’t!

Regards,

Gordon Sutherland