From: John Doe [mailto:ms001122@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 10:38 AM
To: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Metastockusers] Money Flow Index

You can't use on indexes as they don't have volume.There are 2 workarounds:
1) You can create your own volume for each index e.g. for the Dow Jones
Indstrl Ave, just add the volume of all 30 component stocks. Needless to
say, this method is cumbersome and probably not even practical for S&P 500
(or Wilshire 5000!!!!!)
2) Apply your analysis to an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) that acts as a
sorrogate for an index e.g DIA for Dow Jones, SPY for S&P500, QQQ for Nasdaq

100, etc. All ETFs are traded like stocks and hence have volume.

Regards,

JD