[Metastockusers] Re: Reuters Futures Data and Downloader

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I think I prefer the spliced and I
don't do any system testing. The longer term views and historic
support/resistance levels are important to my style of analysis. Most
of the historic data that I've seen on longterm charts on various
sites seems to be spliced, and basically it comes down to the fact
that I want to see what most everyone else sees.

I also like the idea of total vol in the specific contracts, since vol
is very important to my style of analysis and it's of course distorted
in futures. In fact I've been discussing this problem on some other
boards. I wrote:

>> As contracts switch over vol in the current one declines, no matter
what may be happening price-wise, while vol in the newer contract
increases, also regardless of price action. Since vol interpretation
is always relative, this presents a real problem. For instance, in its
simplest consideration, in a healthy uptrend we want to see
expanding/high vol on the rallies and contracting/low vol on the
reactions. So the older contract may show vol decreasing on the last
wave which is a reaction while the new contract shows it increasing on
the same reaction. Argh! So how do you futures traders deal w/this? <<

So Andrew, do you feel using total vol of all open contracts when
viewing a specific contract would be a solution to this problem? I
believe this is how some others (such as Dusant does in the Indian
markets) have gone about dealing w/this problem.

Thanks again,
Harold

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/zMEolB/TM