[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Multiple numeric variables

Yarroll,

It can be done with if statements or a variable DLL. The variable DLL
is not readily available. You will need to ask Metastock why this is
not available.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Yarroll" <yarroll999@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Has anyone found a workaround for the following coding problem:
>
> aa:=(10 OR 12);
> RSI(aa)>50
>
> Such a custom indicator returns "period out of valid range... blah
blah"

> With canned indicators (like RSI) it's easy to just duplicate the
RSI
> entries( RSI(10>50 OR RSI(12)>50) but with custom (and long)
indicators is
> where a real pain comes in. The only thing I can think of in case
of long
> piece of code is to somehow modify it down the road so it can take
numeric
> variables, but even so it's not always easy.
>
> I understand that Amibroker offers this simple amenity so why
Metastock is

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/BefplB/TM