[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: My Swing Trading Method Explained

Hello,

Looks like web sites like amazon, epinions, etc. use robots to
automatically link sites regardless of relevance.  Your best bet is
to go to the actual NumaSoft web site at http://www.numasoft.com

Steve

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alan Dunston" <adunston@xxxx>
wrote:
> Alan,
>
> I think the need padding helps ease the fall when the trade doesn't
go
> as you expected. Hence, the reduction in risk that you won't hurt
> yourself as you realized you put to much equity into one
position.  ;-).

> AlanD

Explained

> I entered "numasoft" in Google, and got:
>
> ---------------------
> Download today! www.numasoft.com. Swing Machines for
> $159 Includes 14 speeds, sheepskin ankle padding, and 6 time
> settings. ...
> www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/ -/1932378359?v=glance&st=* -
> 64k - Cached - Similar pages
> --------------------
>
> Does anyone know why swing traders need ankle padding?  It all
sounds
> frightfully risky to me.
>
> Regards,
> Alan
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Jarvis"
> <traderjarvis@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Some of you asked for more information on Swing Trading.
> >
> > My method for Swing Trading is:
> >
> > 1. I want minimal daily interaction (I have a day job),
controlled
> > risk to prevent wiping out my equity and stated realistic profit
> > objectives. I always place my orders in the mornings, before the
> > market opens.
> >
> > 2. I start by finding a set of stocks using Friday EOD prices
that
> > meet my price action criteria.
> >
> > 3. I narrow down the set of stocks using my insight into
potential
> > market conditions the following week. I may decide to only buy
long
> > or only sell short, etc.
> >
> > 4. On Monday morning I buy or sell short my selected stocks.
> >
> > 5. On Tuesday morning I add a protective stop for each actual buy
> (or
> > sell) based on my risk limits.
> >
> > 6. Beginning Wednesday morning, I review the price action from
the
> > previous day. If the position has moved in my favor, my risk will
> > have decreased and I can adjust my protective stop to begin
locking
> > in a profit but still not exceeding my risk limit. If necessary I
> may
> > initiate a partial sell (or buy if short).
> >
> > 7. Regardless of price action, I do not hold positions past
Friday.
> > Typically, unless stopped out, I close a position when it reaches
> my
> > reach my profit objective. My goal is to minimize risk thereby
> > limiting my losses so if 50% of my trades are losers, my equity
> curve
> > trend is still up.
> >
> > 8. After I close a position, I do a post mortem analysis, thereby
> > continually fine tuning my system.
> >
> > I find it is very important to always know my risk, have a stated
> > profit objective, and always, always use protective stops.
> >
> > I stumbled upon an excellent software application that really
helps
> > me control risk and know how my system is doing at all times.
It's
> > named STOPS and can be found at www.numasoft.com
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129b82v5e/M=285832.4851039.5997748.1269404/D=
gr

oups/S=1705375617:HM/EXP=1083590008/A=2105440/R=0/SIG=14dpdlr1u/*http:
//
> www.householdfinance.com/ln/TrackingServlet?
cmd_MediaCode=&fc=APS&mkt=00
> 0&mc=01PSYAYA004001B220000U0300L0010000000000&dest=HOME_PAGE> click
here

> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=285832.4851039.5997748.1269404/D=group
> s/S=:HM/A=2105440/rand=532330840>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511