[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Enhanced System Tester MS9

Harry,
I appreciate it, good article. One of my issues was I
had "Commissions" set to "points per unit", so for 100 shares a 10
dollar commission became 1000$. That explained my equity drop off
that was occurring. That probably caused a 10% drop in equity
triggering my 10% max stop loss rule on the same day as the trade was
initiated.

One interesting concept in the ms9 book that I rediscovered in the
7.2 book was the "Binary Wave". It is a method of writing an
indicator to combine multiple "Systems" or "indicators" to result in
one overall bullish or bearish indicator.
example:
buy signal:
macdbuy:=If( fml("MACD buy"),1,-1) ;
closeaboveMA:=If( fml("closeaboveMA"),1,-1) ;
total:= macdbuy + closeaboveMA;
total > 0
Sell signal:
macdbuy:=If( fml("MACD buy"),1,-1) ;
closeaboveMA:=If( fml("closeaboveMA"),1,-1) ;
total:= macdbuy + closeaboveMA;
total <= 0
This allows you to combine multiple signals into a composite
indicator. Buy or sell based on the cumulative value of your various
indicators. Seems like a good concept and programming methodology for
combining various "systems". You can also add various weights to each
indicator if they have more significance to your system.

Thanks again,
Chris
For those with 7.2 EOD considering the upgrade to 9 EOD, you can
return it if you dont like it. Testing against more than the current
open chart is an improvement. Also the downloader seems faster when
it loads each subdirectory. One thing I would have liked was the Find
window recalling the prior search "Look in" directory, not fixed. Its
also a shame that more windows are not resizable. Downloader has
an "Add all Sub folders" button.
One design flaw seems to be you can no longer easily select whole
subdirectorys with the explorer. You have to select all the stocks
from one subdirectory and then navigate to the next subdirectory to
add more stocks to the exploration. The list button appears to be
gone after you click explore from the explorer window(7.2).

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Harry M. Ward <hmw3@xxxx>
wrote:
> Chris:
>
> On 25 Apr 2004 11:11:23 -0000, you wrote:
>

> >>167 8/29/03 1 Considered Buy 100 Market    Signal
> >>168 9/2/03 1 Placed Buy 100 Market    Signal
> >>168 9/2/03 1 Opened Buy 100 Market    Signal
> >>168 9/2/03 1 Executed Buy 100 Market $3.4700 Open 1
> >>Signal
> >>168 9/2/03 2 Considered Sell 100 Limit $3.4700  1 Stop
> >>
> >>168 9/2/03 2 Placed Sell 100 Limit   1 Stop
> >>168 9/2/03 2 Opened Sell 100 Limit   1 Stop
> >>168 9/2/03 2 Executed Sell 100 Limit $3.4700 Limit 1
> >>Stop
> >>
> >>MS9 EOD
> >>What would cause the system tester to buy and then
> >>exit on the same day?
>
> If you haven't already, you should search the files of this forum
for
> an excellent article written by Tom Sprunger in 2003, about the V8
> System Tester issues and how to work around them. (Although what he
> talks about may or may not be the cause of your problem, it will
> answer how to set Margin, etc.)
>
> I have Ver 8.01, but from what I understand, Ver 9 has NOT corrected
> any of the problems that Tom addressed.
>
> You did not mention if you use any of the MS Stops (System Editor)
in
> your System Test. Use of the Trailing Stop will cause the immediate
> exit that you mention. It is a confirmed bug, and was NOT fixed in
Ver
> 9. If you select "Points Only Test" under System Testing Options,
then
> the Trailing Stop will function correctly--otherwise it will not.
All

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511