Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Free Data

For good cheap EOD data on commodities try www.pinnacledata.com (585) 217-8728Jay T <JaysTownsend@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<<Question Jay, Are there any data sources that are free or inexpensive.  Reuters is 25.00/month.
Marshall>>

Other members on this list know more about the free data services than I do.  I follow commodities and use CSI/UA data at about $320 a year prepaid.  (There is a one time start up fee of about $60 that includes 10 years of history.)  I tried Reuters for a short time but it just didn't provide what I wanted and it was delivered later than CSI.

For anyone with a solution, what I'm running into now with CSI/UA is that I trade End of Day which is having less and less meaning with 24 hour markets.  My data is routinely ready from my supplier by 8:00 EDT, and the Globex Markets for forex (and other commodities) have begun trading at 3:00 EDT, 2 hours before I get my EOD day data.  So entry points as determined by my EOD analysis can already be hammered by the time I look at the markets.  Also, the CBOT a, c, and e sessions start trading at 9:00 EDT so you have to move fast in your analysis before trading begins.

End of Day trading is becoming a misnomer.

I don't know whether you are trading stocks or commodities.

Jay