[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Profits by Using TradeSim

Trade Sim is not a system optimizer.

It merely shows you how your system trades...IF you can get a trade
data base programed in correctly.  It might help you in optimizing
some areas that the metastock can't test?

I use Tradesim and particularly like the fact that it details the
drawdowns much better than Metastock System Tester...Hint Hint to
Metastock.  It also allows you to do more sophisticated testing of
trading that I do not do.

Profitability takes more than a system to achieve.  There are the
emotional and phycological elements of trading as well as the basics
of money management, etc.

It's a better system tester than Metastock Enhanced System in a number
of areas.  But I tend to use the Metastock Enhanced system for some
Optimization work then I have to build a trade data base using the
explorer so that that TradeSim can analyze the trades.

Right now I'm running a massive amount of Ice Optimizations in the
Metastock Enhanced System tester.  Once they finish tomorrow morning,
I'll take the final results and test the system I come up with in
TradeSim to get a good handle on returns, drawdowns, etc.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "smith1964us"