[Metastockusers] Help Needed with Sytems ENTER LONG formula

The Enter Long formula for the "3-Day_range Switch" included
in "Performance Sytems Plus" plugin is as follows:

d:=If(C>Ref(Max(H,Max(Ref(H,-1),Ref(H,-2))),-1),Min(L,Min(Ref(L,-
1),Ref(L,-2))),If(C<Ref(Min(L,Min(Ref(L,-1),Ref(L,-2))),-1),Max(H,Max
(Ref(H,-1),Ref(H,-2))),PREV));

a:=Cross(C,d);
b:=Cross(d,C);

I thought the formula above was a fancy way of simply generating a
BUY signal if:

CLOSE of TODAY was GREATER THAN the MAX HIGH of the PRIOR 3 DAYS.

Yet, I have found numerous chart examples of the system generating a
BUY signal when:

CLOSE is LESS THAN the MAX HIGH of the PRIOR 3 DAYS.

So either I'm wrong on how this system generates BUY signal or MS is
just so buggy that it calculates incorrectly!

Which is it?

Thank you to anyone who can give me some help with this one

-Jeff

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511