Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Scanning for 60 min/weekly from daily data

Lynn

> I have been going through the past posting and I cant find a posting
> on this issue.
> I have the end of the day data to do my exploration. How can I do an
> exploration for my self set criteria to work out for a 6o min or
> weekly data from only the daily data which I have?

You can't test for 60 minute information on daily data, but you can test for weekly results. You can
do this most easily by setting the periodicy of the exploration to "weekly". This setting is found
when you edit an individual exploration and look under the oprions tab.

You can also check for weekly results on daily data and explorations by using indicators that are
specially written to plot weekly signals on daily charts.

If you have MS Pro and hourly data then you can set an exploration touse the data as hourly, daily,
weekly or any available higher timeframe.

There are techniques that will allow you to test intraday system entries at prices within the
HIGH/LOW range using only daily data. Unfortunately you can't manufacture hourly data from daily
data, but daily or weekly data from hourly or daily data is no problem.

Roy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511