[Metastockusers] Anyone know about the 3-Day-Range Switch ?

To all members,

Included with the Performance System Plus plug-in is a system called
3-Day-Range Switch.

I'm working on a trading plan utilizing the 3-Day-Range Switch, as it
really seems to generate some excellent buy and sell signals. But I
must understand how the signals are generated before I attempt to
create trading rules.

I thought this system simply generated a BUY signal if:
CLOSE of TODAY was GREATER THAN the MAX HIGH of the PRIOR 3 DAYS.
(just the opposite for a SELL signal)

Yet, I have found numerous chart examples of the system generating a
BUY signal when the CLOSE is LESS THAN the MAX HIGH of the PRIOR 3
DAYS.

Am I wrong on how this system generates BUY and SELL signals or is MS
just so buggy that it calculates incorrectly?

What I really can't understand is how a formula can ever calculate a
wrong result. That's like the computer calculating 2 + 2 = 4, except
once in a while the answer is 5.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could look at the formula and
tell me if I'm interpreting this wrong. Because I don't totally
understand the formula or why Equis wrote the formula in the manner
in which they did.

If you need I can paste the formulas in here if no one has the
Performance System Plus plug-in.

Thank you for giving me some help with this.

-Jeff

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511