[EquisMetaStock Group] Alerts Looking for Creative ways to deploy alerts

I'm reaching the point where the number of tickers I have to monitor
can be overwhelming on a night where my time is short.  I'm using
Metastock 8.01.

My question has to do with alerts.  Is it possible to get alerts to
examine charts and alert me without my having to open the individual
chart in question?

For example.  I'm presently setting up some chart patterns to monitor.
 On the break out I want to take a position.  But it's cumbersome to
monitor 20 different charts waiting for one to break out.  I'd like
some way of firing off the alert system to check the charts for me and
see if any of my alert conditions have been met.

One way I've thought of is to create a layout with say 20 charts in
it.  When I open that layout, all the charts open and my alerts will
tell me when there is a buy. But at some point you run out of memory
and you can't add anymore charts to a layout.

Is there a better way?  I really don't want to have to build special
layouts to help fire off alerts.  But I need to use the alert system.