[Metastockusers] Re: MS "Index is damaged"

Dax,

MetaStock and The DownLoader has temporary files that it creates. It
normally deletes these files when you close it, but if it is shut
down improperly, these files may not have been deleted.

To delete these temporary files, do the following:

Make sure that MetaStock and the DownLoader (and Servers if using
Pro) are closed

Click on Start | Find | Files or Folders (Or Search, depending on the
version of Windows)

For Named: type in ~MSFL.*

Make sure the Look in field is set to C:\ (Assuming your data is
stored on your C:\ drive)

Make sure "Include subfolders" is checked. (Win 9x)

Click on the find now button.

Once the ~MSFL files are found, click on Edit | Select All.

Click on File | Delete

Start MetaStock again

Trader Joe...

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dusant@xxxx" <dusant@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dax
> The Downloader can help you in this respect. There is a provision
under \Tools\Test which can pinpoint exactly what is the problem.
> I did face a problem like this, and just used Downloader to copy
all the files into a new folder. The I did a data sort etc, which are
normal "clean up" activities. It solved my problem.
> Dusant
> Chief Architect
> www.candlestrength.com

attempt to open a new chart I get a blank screen with no entries, and
when I try to open a current chart from the  R file I get the
notification "index damaged".

>   The file is still there as other charting programmes I use can
access the file OK, so it appears to be an problem that only applies
with MS.