[EquisMetaStock Group] Newbie Help

Ive just got metastock and its driving me crazy :0)
could some one please tell me why this happens ?
Im using meta stock pro version 8 in offline mode and when i create
a new security and try to download end of day data the start and end
days are always the same date ?
If I change the start day the end day changes to correspond ?

So of course when i download the end of day data there is just
nothing there ?

Obviously I tried to look through the help files but as you guessed
its pritty useless ,im sure its something simple im doing wrong but
I just seem to be going round in circles lmao !
any ideas will be gratefully received

Rorster