[spam] Re: Heikin-Ashi Code?

--- Begin Message ---
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Heikin-Ashi Code?
From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:19:44 -0000

The Heikin-Ashe technique requires the use of modified values for the
OHLC which are:

haClose = (O+H+L+C)/4
haOpen = (haOpen (previous bar) + haClose (previous bar))/2
haHigh = Maximum(H, haOpen, haClose)
haLow = Minimum(L, haOpen, haClose)

Based on the article's description of the necessary excel cells, I
was able to produce and import the surrogate daily data into
metastock. I was then able to display the values as candlesticks just
as the article suggested. My problem was that I know little about
excel and what I did was quite a tedious task. I am sure there is an
easier way but I am not the person to produce whatever would be
required to make this easy. Maybe a macro would make it easier.

The code being discussed is for an indicator that was also discussed
in the article and called the HaDiffCO.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jose" <josesilva22@xxxx>
wrote:
> Harold, the simple code seems to be the core logic behind the
> Heikin-Ashi candlesticks.  Plot it on the OHLC bar price chart, and
> use the suggested colours for each plot.
>
> jose -')
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hcour <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for all the reponses, guys.
> >
> > Jose, yours seems the simplest to code, but when I plot it I get
4
> > red lines, no candlesticks.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Harold