Re: [Metastockusers] Chande Trend Index

P.S.

In the book, the formula reads as follows:

CTI = ln(c/c[L])/(stdev(ln(c/c[1]),L) * sqrt(L))

where:

ln = natural logarithm
stdev = standard deviation
c[1] = yesterday's close
c[L] = close L days ago
sqrt = square root

According to the article below, there is an implied 21 day lookback period
used in the book as an example.

Regards,
Kevin

At 18:48 03/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have been reading Tushar Chande's second book in which he describes a
>trend identifying indicator called the CTI that looks quite interesting.
>
>Has anybody had a go at creating this formula in Metastock? I've tried but
>it is quite complicated and proving to be a little beyond my limited
>expertise.
>
>The only reference that I can find to it on the Web is at:
>
>http://www.technical-newsletter.de/docs/chande_0402.html
>
>The article is in German but non-German speakers can get a translation by
>going to the page via Google after searching for "Chande Trend Index".
>
>Regards,
>Kevin

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping