[EquisMetaStock Group] A little more about the ICE plug-in

Jay, you should call Adaptick and talk them about the formulas. I
don't think the formulas are simple MS code for the indicators.  In
the optimized tests, not only does the system give you the optimized
periods for the indicator but it tells you where the optimized
thresholds lie and where the optimized trailing stop should be
placed. That's not simple MS code. In addition, the indicators have
been statistically normalized for even comparisons of results.

As I mentioned, one of the problems with the product is a lack of a
table that tells you how to implement the thresholds that are
returned with the optimized indicators. For some of them, I knew
exactly what the threshold value meant, but for some indicators I
didn't get it. I didn't happen to use any of those in my system, but
if I wanted to use them, I would have to email Adaptick and get an
explanation.

As you know, the program tests indicators, and the indicators can
then be combined into systems, which is what I've been using it for.
So far the results have been excellent. However, I knew what I wanted
to do with it when I bought it because I've developed several systems
over the last few years. The last two that I've finished this year
are producing outstanding results. The last one is the result of
using ICE to develop it.

If the program doesn't do what you need, be sure to ask for a refund.
So far, I haven't lost a dollar on any of the plug-ins I have bought.
When I buy one, I install it and test it in the first week. If it's
not cutting it, it goes back. That's one of the reasons I buy my plug-
ins from Equis. They have never given me any grief when one goes
back. However, for $99 instead of $300, I'm willing to buy this one
from Adaptick directly.

I bought Performance Systems Plus simply to use to test my systems
against previously developed ones. I really didn't get anything out
of that except reassurance I had improved on the basic trading
systems that had been developed for MS. There are 80 systems on that
disc. I can't say that any one of them would work for you or anyone
else who bought the product, but it did what I wanted.

If I write anymore reviews, I'll mention where the code is open or
not. In addition, you can always email me, and I will tell you.

Hope your future testing goes better.

JO

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JayTownsend@xxxx wrote:
> Hi JO:
>
> Yes, that was a smart ass remark and I apologize for it.
>
> snip
> <<Why would you need the formulas in ICE? After you have run the
> optimization on an indicator, if you need to test it in your own
> formulas, most of the indicators have the code already written for
> them. The program is for the vast majority of MS users who can't
> write any code, and don't particularly want to learn.>>
>
> If in fact all of ICE's code is 'out of the box' MetaStock
indicators that
> are optimized, then why the HELL do they hide them from you and
keep them as
> "proprietary?"  That's ridiculous.  If in fact one wishes to test
the MS
> indicators that ICE is doing, they can do exactly the same thing.
It isn't rocket
> science.  It's just a matter of copying MS code with a couple of
Optimizers.

> snip
> <<I'm always amazed how much bitching goes on when someone who
writes a
> time consuming, expensive piece of software won't give the buyer
the
> code. Microsoft doesn't give you the code either. Have you written
> them a complaint letter?>>
>
> Comparing ICE to Microsoft is like comparing a Mercedes to a
tricycle.  ICE
> is using standard, in the book, MetaStock formulas and then hiding
them from
> you.  There is absolutely nothing sophisticated or even programming
about it.
> It's asinine.
>
> No, I haven't written a complaint.  I just got the software
yesterday and
> wish to do more playing with it.
>
> Jay

Rent DVDs from home.