Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] ICE plug-in JO goes to the movies with Roger Ebert

Hi JO:

Yes, that was a smart ass remark and I apologize for it.

snip
<<Why would you need the formulas in ICE? After you have run the optimization on an indicator, if you need to test it in your own formulas, most of the indicators have the code already written for them. The program is for the vast majority of MS users who can't write any code, and don't particularly want to learn.>>

If in fact all of ICE's code is 'out of the box' MetaStock indicators that are optimized, then why the HELL do they hide them from you and keep them as "proprietary?"  That's ridiculous.  If in fact one wishes to test the MS indicators that ICE is doing, they can do exactly the same thing.  It isn't rocket science.  It's just a matter of copying MS code with a couple of Optimizers.

snip
<<I'm always amazed how much bitching goes on when someone who writes a time consuming, expensive piece of software won't give the buyer the code. Microsoft doesn't give you the code either. Have you written them a complaint letter?>>

Comparing ICE to Microsoft is like comparing a Mercedes to a tricycle.  ICE is using standard, in the book, MetaStock formulas and then hiding them from you.  There is absolutely nothing sophisticated or even programming about it.  It's asinine.

No, I haven't written a complaint.  I just got the software yesterday and wish to do more playing with it.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor