Re: [Metastockusers] (unknown)

Chris

Open the index that you want to use as the basis for your general market
indicator and drop your trend indicator onto the chart. Example follows.

  {Index Trend}
A:=LinRegSlope(C,12)*(1000/C);
B:=LinRegSlope(C,25)*(1000/C);
X:=A>Mov(A,5,S)+.25 OR A>0 OR A>B;
ExtFml("GV.SetVar","IndexTrend",X);

Assuming the indicator has been created to store its plot as a global
variable (using Marks GlobalVar.dll) then once the indicator has been
dropped onto the chart (which forces the value for that chart to be saved as
a "global variable") then it can be deleted from the chart and the chart to
be tested opened.

Your test code should call the particular global variable previously set up
and use it in the same way that you would use any other indicator value.
Make sure that you DO NOT drop the global variable 'trend indicator' onto
your test chart - if you do you will lose the index values and apply the
test chart values to the global variable. Just remember that the "Index
Trend" indicator must be initialised once during each MS session and before
use. Otherwise it will return garbage.

 {Long Entry}
Trend:=ExtFml("GV.GetVar","IndexTrend");
{etc}

The GV.dll may be found here
http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm#roy

Roy