[Metastockusers] Re: Fading spikes and dips.

ADX is about the strength of the trend, which is what you want to
know if you're going to buy a stock that has already made part of its
move. How much gas is left when you want to get in?

http://www.hubb.com.au/datalink/pgtemplate.asp?
nav=articles&articles=breakout

Start with this link and then use your search engine to find more.

Article in S&C October 1999 on how traders use the ADX.

Combine with Relative Volatility Index
http://www.paritech.com/education/technical/indicators/volatility/rela
tive.asp

These indicators don't get goofy in rapid moves. They both need to be
optimized for your time frame--usually between ten and twenty.

JO

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511