[Metastockusers] EOD File Cleanup Utility

Hi
group,

Does anyone
know of a free utility to cleanup EOD data files that will get rid of all
securities with more than 3 letters? This is for the ASX.

I am
aware of (and currently use) Jose Silva’s file cleanup utility on my
files prior to import into the Downloader. Though the utility is great (thanks
Jose if you are reading this) it still keeps deferred delivery codes in the
files. I don’t trade these at all. The end result is a 10,227-security ASX
database.

In FCharts
Pro, I can delete all securities of more than 3 letters, and the resulting
database is a fantastic 3,300-ish.

I’d
like to get my Metastock database down to this size. The reason is because I
run a set of explorations each night (like everyone else) but also because I
use the MS database for Omnitrader. Each of my profiles in Omnitrader uses the
full Ms database, so it has to scan all 10,227 securities for each profile. I
use 7 profiles. Scanning and backtesting 10,000 securities in Omnitrader takes my
computer about 15 minutes, but doing the same for a 3,000 security database
takes about 3 minutes. So hopefully some of you who also use OT see my need for
a more specific file cleaner.

I’d
prefer freeware, naturally. I’ve done searches as well as I could, but nothing
apart from Jose’s (useful) utility.

Thanks.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor