Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] New MS Add-on Reviewed

I use MS 8.01. You'll have to contact Adaptick directly with that
question. I know it works with 8.0. On earliier versions I wouldn't
have a clue. I included the link in case you need to find them.

JO

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Patrick Tan" <ideasaia@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi ,
> Just wonder if it works on MS 7.2 or MS 8.0
> Please let me know.

I'm
>   not married to the sister of someone who works for either one of
>   them, and nobody there is my cousin. They don't send me birthday
>   cards with money inside, and so far neither of company has even
>   bought me a hot dog.
>
>   The product's name is ICE, which tells you absolutely nothing
about
>   the program. I will say this: I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE!
>
>   I haven't said that often about any add-on but this time, I
really
>   got my money's worth out of it.
>
>   ICE is a specialized system tester program that takes 72
indicators
>   and divides them into four relatively uncorrelated categories.
The
>   indicators in each category can be tested on and optimized for,
any
>   group of stocks in any time frame.
>
>   What this product does is save huge amounts of time and energy
when
>   building and testing trading systems.
>
>   All trading systems need some kind of indicators. However, if you
are
>   going use two, three or four indicators, each indicator should be
>   measuring something different. For example, if you like RSI and
>   Stochastics, fine. Just don't put both of them in your system
because
>   you are essentially measuring the same thing with both
indicators.

>   Both are momentum indicators. RSI measures closing price relative
>   the previous close, and Stoch measures closing price relative to
the
>   range. This might sound different, but they're too closely
correlated
>   to be very effective when used together.
>
>   In the ICE program both of these are considered velocity
indicators.

>   The point of having different indicators is to increase the
>   probability of a good trade by increasing the amount of NEW
>   information provided by each indicator. If the indicators are too
>   similar-measuring essentially the same thing-the combination only
>   marginally increases the probability of making a better trade. If
the
>   indicators are sufficiently different, then the new information
makes
>   a larger and more important contribution to the increase in
>   probability of a good entry or exit point.
>
>   However, that's not the end of the story. Even if you have
indicators
>   that have very little colinearity (okay, take deep breathes-it
means
>   they're measuring the same things-i.e. Points on a straight
line.)
>   there is still the issue of how well any given indicator works on
>   group of stocks.
>
>   In a good trading system all the indicators give good signals on
the
>   stocks being traded, and they are distinct enough to provide
sound
>   entries and exits when used together.
>
>   (I need to pause for a moment to make a small point outside of
ICE.
> [...]
>   them. The optimizations are also fully integrated, so you don't
have
>   to do any programming at all.
>
>   Once you have the optimized indicators, you set them up on chart
with
>   a stock and play around a bit with the settings. This how I like
>   customize. My eyeball tells me things that a mechanical
optimization
>   program can't even deal with. Once that's complete, you move to
the

>   After awhile you will have three or four indicators, one from
each
>   category,  that fit you, your stocks and your system. They will
have
>   little colinearity, they will have excellent probability of
>   generating good entry and exit points and you will be well on
your
>   way to having a really good trading system.
>
>   No, the program doesn't test chaos theory, Elliot cycles,
fractals,
>   or hypocycloids of four cusps. This is a good thing because it
has
>   been proven over and over, the best systems use the simple time
>   tested indicators--and that's it. Two moving averages and some
common
>   sense will out perform the stuff I just mentioned. Okay, don't
email
>   me about how good Elliot cycles are and how much you love them,
etc,
>   etc. Elliot was stranger than Elvis, and Elvis didn't know
anything
>   about trading stocks. That's all I need to know about Elliot and
>   Gann.
>
>   This program won't help you write rap music, or find exotic
patterns
>   in the futures markets, but it will save you tons of time and
money
>   trying to come with a system that works.
>
>   Here's a real life example-mine. I have written and developed two
>   really, really good systems. (No, I won't give them to you. No, I
>   won't sell them to you. Don't bother!) But like all Americans
(and
>   the Chinese too), I'm never happy with what I have, so I wanted a
>   third one that did something that my first two didn't. My
original
>   systems gave very accurate entry and exits signals but they
didn't
>   tell when I should be piling more money into what looked like a
good
>   trend. While it's not possible to tell how long a trend will
last, it
>   is definitely possible to tell when a particular trend is
stronger or
>   weaker. In other words, when should I risk more or risk less.
>
>   I started working on the system a couple of weeks ago, and went
about
>   solving the problem of when to increase my trade risk first.
After
>   that was solved, the indicators that I added initially to the
system
>   seemed to perform only so, so. After getting ICE, I read the
manual
>   (which is still a work in progress, but since none of you seem to
>   read manuals anyway that shouldn't be a problem), sat down at the
>   computer and in less than two hours finished the system. I've set
it
>   up, traded with it, and I'm pleased to say---I LOVE THIS SYSTEM,
>   REALLY LOVE THIS SYSTEM. Next week I'm going to buy it a three
stone
>   diamond ring, I love it so much. Now, if it could only tell me it
>   loved me back!
>
>   If I had had this product a few years ago, it would have saved me
>   hundreds of hours in system development and testing time. That
was
>   such grinding work, I had days when I thought I saw Elvis-sorry I
>   mean Gann.
>
>   You know the only thing that could be better than this is if I
could
>   tell you it was FREE, FREE, FREE! That is, after all, your
favorite
>   word. Alias, it's not. BUT ALMOST.
>
>   If you buy it before the official release date, it's only $99
instead
>   of $299. Well, hold my hand, I can't believe it. It's true, and I
>   will tell you I would have paid many times that amount for all
the
>   time and energy it would have saved me when I first started
>   developing my own systems.
>
>   You can read about it at www.adpatick.com.
>
>   I guess before I finish I need to confess. No I'm not John
Slauson,
>   the guy who wrote ICE. Yeah, I know JO is really similar to JS-at
>   least to some of you Sherlock Holmes want-ta-be's. Given the
millions
>   of possible name combinations JO and JS aren't even remotely
>   related.
>
>   My confession is about cycles. I do rely on some cycle
information.
http://www.fourpillars.net/finance/predic.html.
>   This is the most accurate cycle information I've ever seen. If
you
>   don't believe me, use it for awhile. You'll see.  I've named my
dog
>   Yang.
>
>   JO
>
>   PS Some of you know I recommend John Clayburg's book Four Steps
>   Trading Success. John has developed a very sophisticated,
effective,
>   yet easy to use set of indicators based on the RSI, Stoch and %R.
It
>   would seem that these have too much colinearity to be effective.
Doc
>   Clayburg has solved that problem through the use of time frames.
Time
>   frame combinations can over come colinearity problems, but it's
too
>   sophisticated for most system developers to deal with so I won't
go
>   there, except to say Clayburg's system does not suffer from the
>   problems I have described above.
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511