[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Metastock Shutting Down

Metastock seems to lock-up or shut down when the data gets out of
sync with the operations the program is trying to perform. It does
not seem to recover from that situation. It goes into a protection
mode that is designed to keep files, etc from getting corrupted. I
think it has to do with writing and rewriting data to upper memory
and the problems created when data gets out of sequence.

I've noticed that esignal sometimes causes the problems. It doesn't
seem to matter how fast your processor is or how much RAM you have. I
have a boat load. It's a timing issue with data coming in fast enough
to keep up with the calculations MS is making. I've had the most
problems when I have 1 minute or 5 minute data combined with Indices
calculations. That really boggs down MS because the data flow on
price doesn't seem to match the data flow on the indices. It's like
slogging through mud. Unfortunately some of my best experts are based
on indices data.

I've posted instructions on how to reduce lockup problems. You can
look at those and see if any of the stuff on the list helps.

JO

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mickie_pitts" <jaguarvp@xxxx>
wrote:
> Does anyone know why Metastock shuts down?  Have major problem with
> Metastock today.  I have a 1.3gig processor and 1 gig of memory.  I
> get some type of error.
>
> Getting frustrated with it today.
>
> Any words of wisdom?
> Jaguar