[Metastockusers] Re: Hurst Exponent, Gann and Elliot

Mike, thanks for the link.

I looked at the site. It looks interesting. As I mentioned in my
other posts, I really haven't advanced past a couple of MAs and one
or two other indicators. I've read about the Cycle guys, but it's
much too complex for me. I like really, really simple stuff.

Looking at his return on the Rydex funds, his timing models produced
a 26% year to date return. I've gotten 81% with my simple MAs and an
indicator or two. Last year the gap between his models and my models
(lose term) was even greater.

Everytime I compare what I'm doing with my simpleton approach, it
winds up beating the complex by a wide margin so I stick with it. All
the math in the Elliot and Gann stuff is over my head. Chaos and
fractals make me dizzy.

For cycles, I rely on these guys.

http://www.fourpillars.net/finance/predic.html

It's been really accurate and the cycles are based on tea bags or
something. I'm not sure, but it's fun to read and it's free.

JO

--- In Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Bethell" <mdtmn@xxxx>
wrote:
>          Hi Jo,
>                    You might find the work of Jim Curry  of
interest

> http://cyclewave.homestead.com/MarketTurns.html
>
>          Michael B

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17