  >From:
  Gordon
  Sutherland
  To: <A
  title=Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: October 04, 2003 11:49 PM
  Subject: RE: [Metastockusers] Volume
  Bars

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Debra,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  The
  EquisMonitor (just released) covers coloring volume bars for "up" or "down"
  days. Here is an extract:
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>

  <SPAN
  lang=EN-AU ><SPAN
  class=521264103-05102003>"How can I make my volume green for up bars
  and red for down bars?

  <SPAN
  >To accomplish this,
  two custom indicators will be needed. The following formulas will display the
  volume green when the close price is greater than the prior closing price and
  display the volume red when the close price is less than the prior closing
  price. To create the indicator simply:
  Open
  the Tools menu and select Indicator BuilderClick on New. Name your
  indicator (for example, Volume Up)
  Enter
  the following syntax into the Formula field:<FONT
  color=#ff0000>If(C>=ref(C,-1),V,0). Click
  OK.
  Open
  the Tools menu and select Indicator Builder. Click on New. Name your
  indicator (for example Volume Down).
  Enter
  the following syntax into the Formula field:<FONT
  color=#ff0000>(C<ref(C,-1),V,0). Click
  OK.
  You
  should now have 2 new indicators in your
  QuickList.
  Apply
  the Volume Up indicator to a new inner window in your chartRight click on
  the indicator and select properties. Change the color to green and style
  histogram, and then click on OK.Apply the Volume Down indicator to same
  inner window as the Volume Up.Right click on the indicator and select
  properties. Change the color to red and style histogram, and then click on
  OK.
  It is
  recommended to save this as a template, perhaps your default template, so that
  you do not have to do this every time you want it applied to a chart.<SPAN
  class=521264103-05102003>"
  <SPAN
  class=521264103-05102003>Hope this helps.
  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#0000ff
  size=5>Regards,
  <FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#0000ff
  size=5>
  Gordon
  Sutherland

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Debra Ann
    Petitan [mailto:DrDAP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, 5 October
    2003 2:44 p.m.To:
    Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [Metastockusers] Volume
    BarsGreetings,Is there a formula written to
    change the colors of the volume bars to distinguish them as "up days" and
    "down days?"I want to put a MA over the Volume Bars to show Above
    Average and Below Average at a glance.  When I choose a 14 SMA or any
    other low period, the line is useless.  If I choose 200 period MA is
    will rest on the bars in some cases.  How can I set this up to be
    meaningful?How do I set up MACD to show the histogram as the
    comparison of the MACD MA with the Signal Line?Thank you for your
    help,Debra
    Ann_____________________________________________________________Calling
    all cartoon fans! Garfield keeps millions of newspaper readers
    laughing over their morning corn flakes...now he's waddling into cyberspace
    to spread his mirth (and girth)!You can now get the full-color
    Garfield comic strip e-mailed to you every day of the week -- absolutely
    FREE! Just go to <A
    href="">http://www.garfield.com/signup/
    to register!To unsubscribe from this group, send an
    email
    to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour
    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.
  to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use