Re: [Metastockusers] ????????? VIX indicator for individual stock ??????

I'm not sure what you mean by your question below.  VIX is the current implied volatility of selected SPX options.  If you want the current volatility of the options on a selected stock, I suggest you go to an option service.  For example, www.ivolatilty.com gives, for free, the implied and historical volatility for individual stocks on a current basis, as well as a look back over the last 12 months.  For example, the current IV of MSFT 33, and its 1 year range has been 22 to 60.  The historical volatility over the last year has been 11 to 56.

Metastock has option indicators, including one called Option Volatility, but it is for historical, not implied volatilty (and I'm not sure how it works).  It also has a number of volatility based indicators such as ATR and RVI- but they are not similar to VIX in that they are related to the historical volatility of the underlying, rather than to the implied volatility of the underlying's options.

Metastock does have Optionscope, but my impression is it is easier to use ivolatilty.com (or OptionVue, which I use).

BrucedorusONE <sky40912@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello friends,i am looking for a metastock formula for :VIX indicator for individual stock Thanks for your time etc------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/zMEolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:Metastockusers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor