[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: FVE Divergence Scan?

Harold,

Looks like things are getting complicated again. You're basing your
thinking on the article you read about FVE in S&C Sept, which I
recommended to you for the volume formulas. Now you like the
indicator and want to use it. The problem is when you want to do an
exploration you have to think about what kind of stocks are going to
trigger certain indicators. Sometimes it's better to forget the
indicator formulas and look for indirect ways to find good buy
candidates.

Try this exploration. It will find stocks that are about to generate
buy signals for a lot of indicators, including FVE. (For those
thinking of critizing this exploration because of the Troughbar
dynamic nature, don't until you've tried it.)

Col A

TroughBars(1,MACD(),28)=1

Col b

CLOSE > 8 AND VOLUME >1000

Filter

Cola and colb

This should give you a few stocks looking to run after a turn up. The
FVE slope will already be positive but it will be early in the move.
If the market heads down on Monday, these stocks may go sideways or
turn down slightly because of the overall decline of the market. Do
the search again on Tuesday. If the market goes up Wednesday so will
these stocks. Paper trade it for a few days and you'll get the hang
of it.

The search works well on NYSE stocks (2900 of them). It should work
okay on big cap OTCs. I have limited the search to stocks with a
closing price above $8 a share and volume greater than 1,000,000
shares a day. It will work on small cap OTCs but the size of the move
will be small making it harder to profit.

Remember to trade with the trend.

JO

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hcour <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> >> Is it possible to write a scan that would find stocks that have
> been at 2 or -2 for X periods? <<
>
> Actually that should be "for at least X periods".
>
> Thanks,
> Harold

Buy Remanufactured Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits at MyInks.com for: HP $8-20. Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15, Lexmark $4-17. Free s/h over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6351
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0zJuRD/6CvGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM