Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Trace a line

Scoubidoo

> I'd like to trace a line between 2 tops.
>
> Those tops are from  "high -20 days before"  to  " high-8 days before".
>
> I only know a formula to trace a line until yesterday's high. But i'd
> like to stop the line, many days before, yesterday's high.
>
> How should I construct the formula ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Scoubidoo.

Calculate how many bars from the required point (where the signal is to be
truncated) to the right side of the chart. This value is stored as a
variable using LastValue() so that it can be used as a constant in a Ref()
function. Then use Ref() to move the line the required number of bars to the
right (negative Ref()), then move it the same number of bars to the left
(positive Ref()).

Line:=Ref(Ref(Line,-BlankPeriods),BlankPeriods); {blank right side of line}

You can easily blank the left side of a line or signal (SignalA) by using
the ValueWhen() function. First you need to create another signal (SignalB)
that goes true where you want the line or signal to start.

ValueWhen(1,{binary}SignalB,{value}SignalA)

There are many variations to this, depending on your need.

Roy

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM