Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] MetaStock Official Wish List

Eduardo,

Many others have made excellent suggestions on how to improve MS, to which I
have just a few more to add. Except to re-emphasize that, unless you have
complete tunnel vision, you will grasp the basic fact that users are more
interested in having the MS improved rather than having some idiotic add-ons
shoved in thir face. To the list of deficiencies already enumerated, let me
add a few more:
- I use MS Pro; the process of creating real-time tickers is horrendous and
you have to create one for each time frame you want. So if I want to create
1min, 5min, 10min, 30min & 60min tickers for just, say, 2000 stocks, that
will be 10,000new symbols! And they will be scattered over several folders
given your current folder symbol limit. This is INSANE! Wish your
programmer(s) had even a little bit of trading experience
- The ability to adjust window sizes e.g. the exploration results are always
displayed a small window such that without shrinking several columns, I
can't see the ticker symbols in the last column. I hope you know that the OS
most people use is called W-I-N-D-O-W-S and its whole premise of the OS is
the ability to see things in windows and adjust those windows. But some
cretin programmer at Equis has decided for the entire MS community what the
window size should be, and not a mm more! DUH! Can you wrap your mind around
the fact that I have a 21" LCD (actually two) and that I am not a school kid
trading from a stolen laptop (with a 12" screen running Windows 95 and VGA
display), hiding under the bed?
- The ability to select the # of decimal places if you view the values in
Title Bars. Right now, they display to 4 or 5 decimal places whereas many
times I just need upto 2 decimal places, sometimes none. e.g. if the ADX is
33, that's OK; I don't need to see 33.0000. This should be a user-selectable
option, again not something already pre-decided by a cretin programmer

I could add a few more but that list suffices - for now.

The excuse offered by Equis that new features are only introduced if there
is a demand for them is lame. How can you judge the demand if you never poll
the users? I have *NEVER* received a questionnaire from Equis about what I
may like to see in MS, so how can you judge the demand? If you rely on an
occasional email from a frustrated user as the "demand" gauge, that is very
stupid. At one time I used to send in requests but no more; why bang my head
against a brick wall?

Of course, if you just send this email to Trash like all the others, its
understandable - after all, you are just another employee, your job is to
collect your monthly pay check and count your stock options and impress your
bosses about how good a job you are doing - till you get booted out or move
on to greener pastures. But at the very least, give these points some
consideration, or forward them to the appropriate people for their eyeful.

May your tenure at Equis be peaceful and productive.

JD