From: Roy Larsen rlarsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:57:51 +1200
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] cum question

Bob

> I am creating an indicator that uses the cum function.
>
> Under certain conditions I want to reset the cum value
> to zero.  How do I do this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob

I haven't looked at this in a while but I think I ran into problems when I
tried to use Cum with PREV in order to facilitate a reset.

What does work with PREV that allows cumulation and reset is +.  Here's an
example of how it works
{Cumulate Volume By Month}
A:=DayOfMonth()<ValueWhen(2,1,DayOfMonth());
If(A,V,PREV+V);

Another approach that works is to use Cum as below. It's so long ago since I
first put it together that I can't recall how it works. Initially I wanted
to count how many entry signals were received in the course of a trade. That
explains the set, reset and latch. I think it's a comparison between two
Cum()'s  :)

Good luck

Roy

  {Signal Counter}