Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] VAP (volume at price) indicator

le corbeaux masque

It would be easy enough to do change my indicator to use MP() or Typical()
instead of CLOSE.

I have not attempted to assign logical price points to the extremes. This
could be done if you only want to apply the indicator(s) to one chart but it
is impractical for multiple charts.

It would also be possible to add another indicator to give a total of 60
bars.

Some of the things that are not possible, or are at least very difficult,
1. Compressing the code to get more bars from one indicator. The ValueWhen()
function takes up a lot of space but it is critical to controlling the
length of each bar.
2. Getting the indicator "underneath" the bar chart. Not possible as far as
I know.
3. Moving the display to the left side of the chart. I can see that this is
desirable for you but it would not be for me. I load 1250 daily bars and the
most relevant volume action is on the right side, so most of the time my
indicator would be out of sight. There would also need to be a quite
different structure to the indicator and, I suspect, more space would be
required by the core variables.

This is not an indicator that I would use (yet) for my trading. What I have
tried to do is to show that this sort of indicator is possible with MS, and
to give you some ideas on how you might approach the problem yourself.

If it would be any help I could add comments to one of the indicators to
make it easier to understand. From there you could work on your own
improvements.

Roy

----

----