RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] trailing stop configuration

I don't.

<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>
I was just
responding to Bhavesh Rajyaguru who was looking for a trailing stop, so I
adapted one of my standard indicators.
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>
I normally use a
stop that either hangs off the highest recent high, or sits a squeak or two
below the lowest low of last 2/3/4/5 ?? days. That way the stop is reactive
to the price action, not just time-based.
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>
The main point of
the post was to suggest one way of constructing a trailing stop indicator that
latches in with an entry signal and holds in until the exit. It could easily be
adapted to any logic that you wish to apply.
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>Cheers
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>MS
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>
<SPAN
class=010593818-21082003>

-----Original Message-----From:
cobalt_cannon [mailto:no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, 22
August 2003 4:21 AMTo:
equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group]
trailing stop configuration
Mike,What do you typically
  use for your EntryPCT & DailyPCT.Can you provide your
  logic?Thanks for the great post.CC
  --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike Sloane"
  <mfsloane@xxxx> wrote:> I do not use the system tester
  available in MetaStock; I prefer to build> custom indicators to
  return entry and exit conditions and derived> cumulative
  equity.>  > The following is a cut down sample of the type
  of code that will provide> you with a trailing stop that latches ON
  at the start of a trade,> follows the trade (adjusting daily) and
  reverts to zero on exit,> awaiting the next entry signal.>
  > Fml("LONGALERT") can be any vaild set up condition; entry price
  trigger> in example assumes that you enter at or above the HIGH on
  the day> following your set up condition. You will need to fill in your
  values> for EntryPCT and DailyPCT.>  > The
  indicator returns:> a) the adjusted value of the trailing stop for
  every day that the stop> is not breached; > b) (-ve) the
  adjusted value of the trailing stop on the day of exit;> c) zero when
  not in a trade.>  > If you want to plot this an indicator
  on a chart, suggest you create a> separate formula that returns the
  TrailingStop value when >0 and LOW> when <=0 to overcome scaling
  problems.>  >     {yesterday
  set-up?}>     SetUpDay :=
  Ref(Fml("LONGALERT"),-1);>  >
  {determine entry price trigger and actual entry
  price}>     Trigger :=
  Ref(H,-1);>     {did it open higher?}
  >     Trigger := If(O > Trigger, O,
  Trigger);>  >     {calculate set-up day
  stop value}>     EntryPCT:= {insert x
  value};>     DailyPCT:= {insert y
  value};>     SUDStop:= (Ref(H,-1) + Ref(L,-1))/2 -
  EntryPCT*ATR(10);>  >     {calculate
  entry day result}>     EntryDayResult:=
  >     If(SetUpDay AND H >=
  Trigger,>     If(L <= SUDStop, -SUDStop,
  SUDStop), 0);>  >     {calculate
  trailing stop}>     TrailingStop:=
  >     If(PREV <= 0,
  EntryDayResult,>     If(L <= (PREV +
  DailyPCT*ATR(10)),- PREV, (PREV +> DailyPCT*ATR(10))));>
  >     TrailingStop>  > Good luck
  with your trading.>  > MS>  >
  >  > > -----Original Message-----> From:
  Bhavesh Rajyaguru [mailto:bha6973@xxxx] > Sent: Wednesday, 20 August
  2003 4:49 PM> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] trailing stop configuration> > >
  Hello,> > I am user of Metastock ver 8.0 EOD,> not good
  at programming and requires help.> > I have recently made my
  system but have > one problem i.e I am not able to configure>
  trailing stop as per my concept.> > I want to configure my
  trailing stop for longs :> the day my system generates buy signal
  :=> median price minus x% of atr(10) and daily> subsequently y%
  of atr(10) should be added.> similarly reverse for shorts : the day my
  system> generates sell signal:=i.e median price > plus x% of
  atr(10) and daily> subsequently y% of atr(10) should be
  subtracted.> > I want this concept to be optimized in system
  tester> and also as custom formula which can tell me > next
  day's stop in advance.> > any suggestion other than this
  concept> also invited.> > anybody there who can help me
  > out would be highly appreciated> > Thanks for helping
  me in advance.> > Bhavesh Rajyaguru> > >
  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor      >
  > ADVERTISEMENT>  > <<A
  href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705>
  375617:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*<A
  href="">http://www.netflix.com/Default?mq>
  so=60178293&partid=3170658> click here
  >  > <<A
  href="">http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egrou>
  pmail/S=:HM/A=1693352/rand=413189025>
  > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
  equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > >
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service>
  <<A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.