Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] backing up to disk

In a message dated 8/6/2003 11:10:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, pradovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I recently had a computer crash where i lost all my system
tests,explorations,smart charts,settings etc.
I was interested in finding out the method other people used to
bundle this all together to save to disk

I'm sure that each person has their own method, but I have 2 hard drives.  I use the second one primarily for back-up.  I figure that the probability of having both drives crash at the same time is pretty low.  I do though also use CD/RW for back up of my critical files.  I've used the 2 HD method for at least 5 years on 2 different computers and found it to be ideal for my style of operation.  The problem with any method of backup is - you have to do it periodically, otherwise you don't have it.  My bank account/financial files are pretty easy to remember because I do it every time I access the software, but beyond that I have to use reminders.

Jay

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor