Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Explorer - How to calculate differences between two dates or time

John

Yes it is possible to use date or time with MS explorations. I have no idea
what you are trying to do but the critical point of the exercise, I would
think, is accurately identifying the particular points in time that you
want. This need not be a single point but it could be a block of contiguous
days of which you want the first and the last days of that block as your
reference point.

In the following example of an exploration column (taken directly from one
of my own explorations) the object of the exercise is to measure the equity
gain of a system in a given month. To do this I need to establish what the
equity value was on the last bar of the preceding month then subtract that
from the last bar of the month under study.

Roy

  {Trade gain or loss in period}
Eq:=Fml("Trade Equity GV LE");
I:=Cum(Eq<>0)=1;
Date:=Month()=1 AND Year()=2003;
(Cum(Date)>0)*(ValueWhen(1,I OR Date,Eq)-
ValueWhen(1,I OR (Date=0 AND Cum(Date)=0),Eq));

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/BefplB/TM