RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to goalong with Trade Sim?

Thanks
for the info Steve. Will take a close look. I did download a 15 day free trial
of the intermediary version of TradeSim a couple of months ago and found it an
excellent add-on to Metastock to solve the woes of the Enhanced System Tester
and then some. I think the ExtFml stuff provided by TradeSim is still
loaded in the functions module of Metastock so I should be able to apply. I did
not proceed with TradeSim as I use AIQ for System Testing.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Will
keep the Group posted if I make any progress with the goodies that Roy, Peter
and your goodself have provided me.

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: steve_roweau
  [mailto:affrica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, 6 August 2003
  10:52 a.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to go along with
  Trade Sim?Gordon,As well as the excellent code
  already posted you can use the TradeSim ExtFml as shown below. It has no
  PREV statements in it so is very fast when testing with TradeSim.
  If you need more info you should look at the TradeSim Application
  Note 2 - Implementing Volatility Stops the Simple
  Way.regardsStevePeriod:=Input("Period",2,50,7);ARC:=Input("Average
  Range Constant",0.5,10,3);Volatility:=ARC*ATR(Period);{ Trailing Stop
  Indicator on the Long side}stop:=ExtFml(
  "TradeSim.TrailingStop",BAND,       {mode
  1=indicator;2=binary trigger}LONG,
  {long or short}Volatility, {user defined see variable
  above}HIGH,       {RefPoint for stop
  calc}CLOSE);     {threshold point - stop
  breached}stopTo
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor