RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to goalong with Trade Sim?

wanted to to set a Chandelier Exit in the Enhanced System Tester EOD and
received the following assistance from Equis Inter'l. Metastock seems to make it
very hard to establish easily the Position Entry Date. Hope the undermentioned
doesn't add to the confusion.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Regards,
Gordon
Sutherland
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
From:
formulas@xxxxxxxxxSent: Thursday, 26 June 2003 3:54
a.m.To: gosuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: Coding of a
Volatility Exit [T200306230076]
Sir,
you will have to use the valuewhen function.
It would look like : <FONT face=Arial
size=2>  BC:={buy condition};
Valuewhen(1,BC,H) <FONT face=Arial
size=2>  Hope this helps
  Best
regards, Patrick S Nouvion <FONT
face=Arial size=2>Equis Technical support
-----Original Message----- <FONT
face=Arial size=2>From: IMCOutgoing Sent:
Monday, June 23, 2003 3:09 AM Subject:
Re:Coding of a Volatility Exit [T200306230076Z305061]
Sender  : gosuth@xxxxxxxxxxxx <FONT
face=Arial size=2>Tracking Number         :
T200306230076Z305061 Pool    :
Formulas Sent to
        : Equis support
<support@xxxxxxxxx> Date    :
6/23/2003 3:09 AM   _____

Forwarded by: Doug
(no comments entered) <FONT face=Arial
size=2>  _____
Hi,
My Customer Number is: 70395. <FONT
face=Arial size=2>  I am running
MetaStock 8.01 EOD. I would like to write a rule that will trigger an exit in
the Enhanced System Tester if the Close falls below say 3 *  ATR(7) from
the High since entry of the trade. I can't see a Simulation function that will
give me the Position High Price. Is it possible for you to help me with this, I
am hoping to use it in a TA Society presentation later this week and to provide
the hard code rather than just the concept of a "Chandelier Exit" would add
credibility.
TIA.
  <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Regards,   <FONT
face=Arial size=2>Gordon Sutherland New
Zealand

<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>Regards,
<FONT face="Kunstler Script" color=#008000
size=5>
Gordon
Sutherland

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: metastockuser
  [mailto:metastockuser@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, 4 August 2003 5:29
  p.m.To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] Metastock Fixed Trailing Stop Loss to go along with
  Trade Sim?Does anyone here know how to set up a fixed
  trailing stop loss in ametastock exploration (8.0 End of Day) that will
  work with trade Sim?I've found a formula on the net but not being a
  programmer don'treally understand it or how to work it into a set up so
  that it workswith Trade SimIf(cum(1)=1,{then} Close,{else}
  If((C*1.1) <= PREV,{then}(C*1.1),{else} PREV)); I'm using
  two triggers.  But I've got no idea of how a fixed trailingstop loss
  would be set up.  Perhaps as a trailing band (similar to
  thevolatility and standard diviation stops) so the "volatility" for
  theband could be the fixed trailing stop loss forumula?  I
  would imagine the set up might work as below but if anyone knows forsure,
  has done a fixed trailing stop, I'd love to know how you did
  it.Trigger1:= (trade system exit conditions);Volatility:=
  (trailing stop loss
  formula?);BandLong:=ExtFml("TradeSim.TrailingStop",Trigger,Long,Volatility,CLOSE,ExitTrigger:=
  Trigger1 or Trigger2To
  to:equismetastock-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor