RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Whadda Ya Know!

Thanks for these Excel tips, Jay and Ron,
very useful.

Another way to put the results of various “parallel”
explorations into one basket for further consideration is the “Add to favourites”
function: highlight and right-click on all or some of the results of an
Exploration.

I always think it’s a pity there is
no &#8220;Add to List&#8221; function in MetaStock.<span
>  I still use 7.2,
I don&#8217;t suppose v8 allows &#8220;Add to List&#8221;???

Barry

lang=EN-US >-----Original
Message-----
From: Ron
[mailto:ronber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent<span
>: <st1:date Month="7" Day="31"
Year="2003">Thursday, 31 July 2003<font
size=2 face=Tahoma> <font
 size=2 face=Tahoma>6:30 AM<font size=2
face=Tahoma>
To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock
Group] Whadda Ya Know!

face="Times New Roman">

face="Courier New">An additional advantage of
using Excel is that you can use its Database <font size=2
face="Courier New">
features to select a subset using the values in
the columns. I run the
same exploration over several days and then use
the Unique feature of
the Filter to get a single list of all the hits.
You can also use Excel
to count the number of times a ticker shows up.
Either in successive
days or across various explorations.
JayTownsend@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Have been cussing at MetaStock because I have
four explorations that I
> have been running daily and MS only gives you
the option of Print;
> Save List; Sort; and Open Chart.  I want
to select only certain
> records/lines from the exploration and format
them so I can print or
> view the four explorations together.
I've tried the Save List and
> couldn't find them.  (At least not in a
text format.)

> Just went into the Explorer
"Reports" for my explorations, and did a
> select all and a copy, and hey, it copies
into both Word and Excel.
> When copied into Excel it puts each column
heading and column entry in
> a separate column/cell.  With that
feature, I can now create my end of
> day four exploration report on one or two
pages in the format that I
> want.  Suspect that everyone already
knew about this, but just in case
> not, thought I'd pass it on.
>
> Jay
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> click here
> <<a
href="">http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705375617:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=30504&media=atkins>

to:

Yahoo! Terms of Service
> <<a
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

face="Courier New">To unsubscribe from this
group, send an email to:<span

Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of Service.