Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] DMI Calculation

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, niloalex <no_reply@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "M Smith" <msmith3@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Alex, will you share that with us? Marshall
> >
> I mean ... you know in Meta 8 U have function MDI(periods) and PDI
> (Periods) for plus e minus Directional Movement Index indicator.
But
> U can't specify on what sercurity do the calc. I have to calc some
> ratio between the Plus and minus dmi of one security agains another
> using an explorer. The way could be like this:
>
> MDI(Security1,14)-PDI(Security1,14)
> -----------------------------------
> MDI(Security2,14)-PDI(Security2,14)
>
> That's not possibile now in MEtastock cause U can't specify to PDI
> and MDI what security to use in the calc. I have to do that for
pair trading models.

A solution was given by this guys:

http://www.autowave-analysis.com/english/library.htm

In this library there is a custom DMI such this one:

4.11 Directional Movement Index Custom
Function Name: Directional Movement Index Custom
Short Name: DMICustom
Short Description: This custom version of the Directional Movement
Index allows to specify
explicitly, which data series to use in the calculation.
Function Call: DMICustom(HPRICE,LPRICE,CPRICE,LENGTH)
Parameters:
HPRICE the series to use, i.e. one of OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE; by
default HIGH
LPRICE the series to use, i.e. one of OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE; by
default LOW
CPRICE the series to use, i.e. one of OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE; by
default CLOSE
LENGTH the number of bars to use in the calculation

But I can't and I do not want pay 200$ to use only one indicator in
that library. I need only this.

Alex

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/BefplB/TM